New Orleans holds off Florida International 68-58
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—Billy Humphrey scored 29 points, including a 3-pointer that put New Orleans ahead to stay in a 68-58 victory over Florida International on Saturday.
Humphrey, in his second game back with the Privateers (6-9, 1-3 Sun Belt) after missing two games with a knee injury, was 4-for-7 on 3-pointers, including one with 6:42 to play that gave New Orleans a 61-58 lead.
The Golden Panthers (4-13, 1-3), who never led and trailed by as many as 17 points in the first half, cut their deficit to 41-30 by halftime and scored the first eight points of the second half to get back into the game.
Charles Carmouche added 18 points for New Orleans, which ended a seven-game losing streak.
Marvin Roberts and Marlon Bright scored 13 points apiece for Florida International, and Stephon Weaver broke a school record for consecutive free throws by hitting both his attempts to give him 19 in a row.
- You may not want 96 teams, but your favorite coach likely does
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending