Louisiana-Monroe nips Ark.-Little Rock 68-64
MONROE, La. (AP)—Tony Hooper scored a season-high 28 points, including eight 3-pointers, and Louisiana-Monroe beat Arkansas-Little Rock 68-64 on Saturday.
Hooper’s threes were the most in the Sun Belt Conference this season and tied for the second-most in school history. Dynile Forbes added 12 points for the Warhawks (6,9, 1-3), who have won three of their past four games.
The Warhawks went on a 10-0 run to take a 66-59 lead on a jumper by Hooper with 1:09 to play. The Trojans (4-11, 0-4) responded with five straight to cut the lead to 66-64 on a basket by Solomon Bozeman with 25 seconds remaining. Forbes hit two free throws for the Warhawks with 13 seconds left to ice the game.
It was the sixth straight loss for the Trojans, with four of those defeats coming by eight points or less.
Matt Mouzy led the Trojans with 19 points. Bozeman added 17 and Alex Mendoza-Garcia had 10.
- Is adding transfer Jelan Kendrick a good gamble for Ole Miss?
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- No. 2 UCLA returns to college basketball's upper echelon
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74
- Watson scores season-high 25, No. 10 Creighton beats Huskers