Louisiana Tech defeats Nevada 77-71
RUSTON, La. (AP)—Jamel Guyton scored 21 points and Louisiana Tech defeated Nevada 77-71 in the Western Athletic Conference opener for both teams on Saturday night.
Guyton was 7 of 14 from the field for the Bulldogs (13-2), who shot 56 percent in the second half (14 of 25).
Louisiana Tech scored 40 points in the paint and 17 off of 17 Wolfpack (8-6) turnovers.
Olu Ashaolu, No. 4 in the WAC with 9.4 rebounds per game, had 12 boards and 14 points for the Bulldogs.
The WAC’s leading scorer (21.6 points per game), Kyle Gibson added 17 points, DeAndre Brown 12 and Magnum Rolle 11 for Louisiana Tech, which won its sixth straight.
Nevada was led by Luke Babbitt with 24 points and 13 rebounds. Dario Hunt tallied 11 rebounds for the Wolfpack, which outrebounded Louisiana Tech 43-36.
Armon Johnson chipped in 15 points for Nevada and Joey Shaw added 13.
- Louisiana Tech defeats Nevada 77-71
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four