Furman beats Erskine 62-53
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP)—Jordan Miller scored 18 points to lead Furman to a 62-53 win over Erskine on Saturday.
Amu Saaka added 15 points for the Paladins (7-6), who hold a 31-6 lead in the series against Division II Erskine. Justin Dehm also chipped in with 10 points.
Erskine opened with a 14-4 lead, but Furman recovered from its early drought and led 30-29 at halftime.
The game remained close for much of the second half, and a 3-pointer from Furman’s Bryson Barnes with 4:11 left tied the score 53-all, the sixth tie of the contest. But Furman outscored Erskine 9-0 the rest of the way, as the Flying Fleet shot 0-for-6 in the final 4 minutes.
Brandon Wright scored 20 points to lead Erskine (2-4), who saw a two-game win streak snapped. Marko Latinovic chipped in with 12.
Furman’s bench outscored Erskine’s 19-4.
- Murray State tops Jacksonville State 57-54
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72