Eastern Illinois tips Jacksonville State 50-48
CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP)—Jeremy Granger scored 18 points, including nine Eastern Illinois points in a row at one point, in a 50-48 victory over Jacksonville State on Saturday night.
James Hollowell scored 10 and Ousmane Cisse grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds for the Panthers (8-5, 2-1 Ohio Valley).
Nick Murphy led the Gamecocks (5-7, 1-1) with 12 points. Jay-R Strowbridge had 11 and Stephen Hall 10.
Both teams shot poorly. Eastern Illinois was 19 of 53 (35.8 percent) and Jacksonville State even colder at 18 of 62 (29.0 percent).
Jacksonville State led 27-20 at halftime, but a 7-minute drought to start the second half proved costly as Granger ran off nine straight Eastern points for a 31-29 lead.
The lead changed hands three times in the final 5 minutes, but a 3-pointer by Tyler Laser with 2:25 left gave the Panthers a four-point edge, and they held on.
- Kevin Coble shocks Northwestern, leaves the team
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina