Air Force beats Texas-Pan American, 72-65
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP)—Mike McLain scored a career-high 25 points and short-handed Air Force dealt Texas-Pan American its ninth consecutive loss, winning 72-65 Saturday night.
Derek Brooks reached a career-best 16 points for Air Force (8-5). Evan Washington had 13 for the Falcons, winners of three of their last four games.
Air Force won despite missing four starters, including leading scorer Grant Parker, who sat out for a sixth straight game with a severe groin strain.
Nick Weiermiller’s 25 points led Texas-Pan American (1-14). Jared Maree added 13 for the Broncs, who last won on Nov. 27, when they defeated South Padre Island 67-64.
- Air Force beats Texas-Pan American, 72-65
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2