Young scores 29 in IUPUI’s 79-69 win over IPFW
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP)—Alex Young scored 29 points and grabbed six rebounds to lead Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis to a 79-69 win over Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne on Thursday.
The Jaguars (10-5, 3-0 Summit League) began the second half ahead 46-40. But the Mastodons (5-7, 0-2) climbed on top midway through the final period on a 3-pointer by Zach Plackemeier, who led IPFW with 16 points.
But Young followed by chalking up 10 points as part of a late 18-0 run by the Jaguars that put them ahead for good.
IUPUI’s Leroy Nobles added 17 points, including shooting 5-of-8 from the floor, while Billy Pettiford scored 15.
Ben Botts added 15 points for the Mastodons and Deilvez Yearby had 13.
- Ian Eagle shares the origin story of Bill Raftery's 'Onions!'
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game