St. Peter’s 53, Siena 64
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Edwin Ubiles had 21 points and 11 rebounds and Siena used a second-half spurt to pull away from Saint Peter’s 64-53 on Thursday.
The Saints (9-4, 3-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) won their 27th straight home game for the longest homecourt winning streak in program history, surpassing the 26 straight games from 1986-89. They also notched their 200th MAAC victory since joining the league in 1989-90.
The game was tied 11 times with 13 lead changes. Siena took a 27-25 lead into halftime despite shooting 21.4 percent from the field (6-for-28).
With the score tied at 42 with 9:15 left, the Saints used a 7-0 run, including 3-pointers by Ubiles and Clarence Jackson, to build a cushion.
Ryan Rossiter added 14 points and 10 rebounds for Siena, which has won three games in a row.
Ryan Bacon and Darius Conley scored 14 points each for the Peacocks (6-7, 1-2).
- UC Irvine finishes off Eastern Washington 78-73
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case