Robert Morris overcomes Youngstown State 72-67
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP)—Karon Abraham scored 20 points, including a tiebreaking jumper with 33 seconds left, as Robert Morris defeated Youngstown State 72-67 on Wednesday night after losing a 15-point second-half lead.
Abraham’s basket gave the Colonials (5-7) a 69-67 lead, and he added a pair of free throws with 6 seconds left for the game’s final points after Gary Wallace’s free throw made it 70-67.
Kelvin Bright, who led the Penguins (5-7) with 14 points, scored six during a 26-7 second-half run when Youngstown State turned a 54-39 deficit into a 65-61 lead.
A dunk by Dallas Green and a layup by Mezie Nwigwe pulled Robert Morris back into a 65-65 tie.
Russell Martin had 12 points and 11 rebounds and Green had 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Colonials, who outrebounded the Penguins 44-30.
Sirlester Martin scored 12 points and Ashen Ward 11 for Youngstown State.
- Robert Morris overcomes Youngstown State 72-67
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?