Radford handles George Mason 80-53
RADFORD, Va. (AP)—Art Parakhouski scored 34 points, including 20 in the second half, and added 12 rebounds and five blocks in an 80-53 victory over George Mason on Wednesday night.
Parakhouski, who entered the game as the nation’s top rebounder (13.3), was 11-for-15 from the field and 12-for-15 from the free throw line for his ninth double-double of the season. It was the third time in his career that he has scored 30 or more points in a game.
Radford (6-5), which had lost two straight, led 34-29 at halftime, but outscored George Mason 46-24 in the second half. The Highlanders shot 52.7 percent from the field (29-for-55) despite going 0-for-9 from the 3-point line.
Radford’s Laz Trifunovic also had a double-double, scoring 15 points and grabbing a career-high 17 rebounds. Joey-Lynch Flohr added 15 points for the Highlanders.
Luke Hancock led George Mason (6-6) with 10 points.
- Rayvonte Rice is transferring to Illinois, so what happens to his Drake tattoos?
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win