Old Dominion downs Duquesne 63-54
NORFOLK, Va. (AP)—Gerald Lee was the lone player in double figures for Old Dominion, scoring 24 points to lead the Monarchs in a 63-54 win over Duquesne on Wednesday night.
Lee, who finished 10-for-18 from the floor, also chipped in with six rebounds and three blocks. The Monarchs (9-4) totaled 12 blocks, and Frank Hassell led the way with four.
Keyon Carter grabbed nine boards for Old Dominion, which leads the all-time series 5-1.
The teams stayed close throughout the first half, but the Monarchs ended the frame on a 5-0 run for a 28-23 going into the break. Up just three points early in the second, the Monarchs put together a 7-2 run to give them a 10-point cushion with less than 17 minutes left and led the rest of the way.
Sean Johnson led the Dukes (9-5) with 17 points.
The Monarchs have won three straight games and five of their last six.
- Old Dominion downs Duquesne 63-54
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game