Harvard defeats George Washington 66-53
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP)—Jeremy Lin scored 17 points and Harvard improved to 6-0 at home with a 66-53 win over George Washington on Wednesday night.
Lin also had eight rebounds, seven steals and five assists—all team-highs — for the Crimson (9-3). Kyle Casey came off the bench to add 15 points on the strength of 11-for-15 shooting from the foul line.
It is the Crimson’s best start at home since going 7-0 during the 1986-87 season. The Colonials (9-3), who lost for only the third time in the past eight games, were beaten on the road for the first time this season.
The Colonials jumped out to an 11-2 lead but could not hold it as the Crimson led 38-35 at halftime, then went on a 10-2 run to open the second half. The Crimson led by at least nine points the rest of the way.
Damian Hollis led the Colonials with 11 points and Tony Taylor added 10.
- Harvard defeats George Washington 66-53
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0