Eastern Michigan defeats Northwood, Mich., 72-58
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP)—Carlos Medlock scored 24 points to lead Eastern Michigan to a 72-58 victory over Northwood, Michigan, on Wednesday night.
Brandon Bowdry had 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Eagles (7-5) and Quintin Dailey had 10 points.
Eastern Michigan raced to a 14-2 lead and stayed ahead by double digits most of the way in the first half. The Eagles led 37-21 at halftime and maintained a lead of at least 12 points throughout the second half.
Lionel Sullivan scored 18 points to lead Northwood (6-3). Chris Johnson had 12 points and nine rebounds for the Timberwolves, who play in NCAA Division II.
- Eastern Michigan defeats Northwood, Mich., 72-58
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?