Eastern Michigan defeats Northwood, Mich., 72-58
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP)—Carlos Medlock scored 24 points to lead Eastern Michigan to a 72-58 victory over Northwood, Michigan, on Wednesday night.
Brandon Bowdry had 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Eagles (7-5) and Quintin Dailey had 10 points.
Eastern Michigan raced to a 14-2 lead and stayed ahead by double digits most of the way in the first half. The Eagles led 37-21 at halftime and maintained a lead of at least 12 points throughout the second half.
Lionel Sullivan scored 18 points to lead Northwood (6-3). Chris Johnson had 12 points and nine rebounds for the Timberwolves, who play in NCAA Division II.
- Duke leapfrogs UNC; RPI deemed inconsequential
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals