Williams leads Hawaii past Northwestern St. 81-62
HONOLULU (AP)—Dwain Williams scored 28 points to lead Hawaii to an 81-62 victory over Northwestern State Monday night.
Williams shot 6 of 11 from the field, including 5 of 9 behind the arc. He also made 11 of his 13 free-throw attempts. Jeremy Lay scored 15 points, Paul Campbell had a double-double with 14 points and 15 rebounds and Brandon Adams added 12 points with eight rebounds for the Rainbow Warriors (7-6). Charles Clark scored 14 to lead the Demons (5-6).
Hawaii led 29-23 at halftime despite shooting just 29 percent. Northwestern State cut it to 41-40 with 12:46 to play after James Hulbin’s jumper, but Williams answered with a 3-pointer for Hawaii.
The Rainbow Warriors led by as many as 21 late in the second half. Hawaii outrebounded Northwestern State 53-38 and shot 43 percent (12 of 28) in the second half. Petras Balocka added 11 rebounds and seven points for Hawaii.
- New Mexico's surprising spiral from at-large status continues
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims