Longwood defeats Campbell 88-80
FARMVILLE, Va. (AP)—Antwan Carter scored 19 points to lead five players in double figures as Longwood beat Campbell 88-80 on Tuesday night.
Dana Smith added 16 points, Aaron Mitchell scored 15, Billy Robinson Jr. 12 and Kevin Swecker 11 for the Lancers (3-9), who are 2-0 against Atlantic Sun teams this season.
The Lancers tied the 5-year-old series 2-2 as every game has been decided by eight points or less.
The 88 points scored by the Division I independent Lancers was the most allowed this season by the Camels (6-4).
Smith’s free throw gave the Lancers their biggest lead at 65-45 with 13:37 remaining. The Camels rallied to cut the lead to 71-67 with 6:20 remaining, but Longwood made 10 of 13 free throws down the stretch to preserve the win.
Jonathan Rodriguez had 25 points and 13 rebounds for Campbell. Amir Celestin added 14 points and Miles Taylor had 13.
- Ticket punched: Ray McCallum Jr.’s faith in father rewarded as Detroit earns Horizon League bid
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul