Oregon holds off Idaho St. 77-71
EUGENE, Ore. (AP)—Malcolm Armstead scored a career-high 23 points to help Oregon hold off Idaho State 77-71 on Tuesday night.
Armstead, a sophomore making his seventh straight start in place of injured point guard Tajuan Porter, was 9-of-14 from the field and 5-of-6 from 3-point range. He also added three assists and three steals for the Ducks (7-4).
Idaho State (2-10) got as close as 64-61 with 5:46 remaining, but Armstead assisted on back-to-back baskets by Jamil Wilson and Michael Dunigan, then drilled a pull-up 3-pointer and a floater in the lane to give Oregon a 74-68 lead with less than two minutes to play.
- Conference Bloggerviews: The Big 12, basketball hotbed
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne