North Florida beats New Orleans 64-49
GULFPORT, Miss. (AP)—Stan Januska scored 19 points and Germaine Sparkes added 13 points, leading North Florida over New Orleans 64-49 in the South Mississippi Christmas Classic on Tuesday night.
Johann Mpondo’s layup put New Orleans up 6-5 less than 4 minutes into the game—it was the last time the Privateers would lead. Januska drilled a 3-pointer and dropped in a layup in quick succession, sparking an 18-0 North Florida run over the course of the next 11 minutes.
The Ospreys (3-7) led by 17 points at halftime and cruised to victory in the second. North Florida capitalized on 19 turnovers in the game.
Charles Carmouche was the only New Orleans (5-7) player in double figures, scoring 10.
The Ospreys have won two straight games for the first time this season. Prior to the current streak, North Florida had lost six in a row.
The Privateers are on a five game losing skid.
- North Florida beats New Orleans 64-49
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown