McNeese State beat Southern, New Orleans 77-59
LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP)—Diego Kapelan scored 19 points and McNeese State defeated Southern, New Orleans 77-59 on Tuesday night.
Richard Patrick added 12 points for the Cowboys (5-6) and P.J. Alawoya had 11 points and 15 rebounds. Will Morning had 10 points. Patrick has scored in double figures in nine of 11 games this season.
Kapelan (5 for 16) and Patrick (3 for 4) accounted for 8 of the Cowboys’ 9 3-point field goals. The Cowboys shot 41.5 percent (27 of 65) from the field and 33.3 percent (9 of 27) from behind the arc.
The Cowboys, who led 41-27 at halftime, jumped out to a 12-4 lead and never trailed. The Cowboys held a 46-33 rebounding advantage, as Patrick added eight boards.
The Knights, who counted the game as an exhibition, made only 3 of 17 attempts from 3-point range (17.6 percent).
Brent Leduff scored 16 points and Dometric Haynes added 10 for the NAIA Knights.
- McNeese State beat Southern, New Orleans 77-59
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2