McNeese State beat Southern, New Orleans 77-59
LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP)—Diego Kapelan scored 19 points and McNeese State defeated Southern, New Orleans 77-59 on Tuesday night.
Richard Patrick added 12 points for the Cowboys (5-6) and P.J. Alawoya had 11 points and 15 rebounds. Will Morning had 10 points. Patrick has scored in double figures in nine of 11 games this season.
Kapelan (5 for 16) and Patrick (3 for 4) accounted for 8 of the Cowboys’ 9 3-point field goals. The Cowboys shot 41.5 percent (27 of 65) from the field and 33.3 percent (9 of 27) from behind the arc.
The Cowboys, who led 41-27 at halftime, jumped out to a 12-4 lead and never trailed. The Cowboys held a 46-33 rebounding advantage, as Patrick added eight boards.
The Knights, who counted the game as an exhibition, made only 3 of 17 attempts from 3-point range (17.6 percent).
Brent Leduff scored 16 points and Dometric Haynes added 10 for the NAIA Knights.
- McNeese State beat Southern, New Orleans 77-59
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team