Binghamton defeats Marist 70-52
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP)—Greer Wright scored 22 points to lead Binghamton to a 70-52 victory over Marist on Sunday.
Wright was 9-for-12 from the field, and added three steals and two blocks for the Bearcats (4-8). Dylan Talley contributed 17 points and seven rebounds, while Pina Guillaume added 13 rebounds and five blocks.
Binghamton used a 14-3 run late in the first half to jump out to a 30-17 lead, and led 34-22 at halftime.
A layup from Devin Price cut the Bearcats’ lead to 48-42 with 7:47 remaining, but Marist would get no closer, and would go on to trail by as many as 21 points. Marist scored only three points in the final 4 minutes.
Daye Kaba led the Red Foxes (0-8) with 11 points, while Korey Bauer chipped in with with nine rebounds.
Binghamton shot 57.4 percent from the field (27-for-47) and Marist shot only 29.4 percent (20-for-68).
- Binghamton defeats Marist 70-52
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0