Tennesee Tech routs Bryan College 97-44
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Alfred Jones scored 17 points to help Tennessee Tech cruise past Bryan College 97-44 on Saturday night.
Jones led four players in double-figure scoring, and also added nine rebounds for the Golden Eagles (5-6). Frank Davis scored 15 points, Kevin Murphy had 13 and Elijah Muhammad scored 12.
The Golden Eagles jumped out to a 27-7 lead with 12:20 remaining in the first half, and Bryan never got much closer for the rest of the contest. Tennessee Tech led 52-19 at halftime, and went on to lead by as many as 55 points.
Astral Guerrier led the Lions with 17 points, and was the only player on his team to score in double digits.
Tennessee Tech outrebounded Bryan 52-27 in the game, and scored 30 points off the Lions’ 16 turnovers.
The Golden Eagles shot 55.6 percent from the field (40-for-72), while Bryan shot 28.8 percent (15-for-52).
- No fight this time from Marquette, Richmond
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?