Ohio beats Eastern Kentucky 74-62
ATHENS, Ohio (AP)—Steven Coleman and Tommy Freeman scored 16 points apiece, leading four Ohio players in double figures in a 74-62 win over Eastern Kentucky on Saturday.
D.J. Cooper added 12 points and 11 assists for the Bobcats (7-3), and the freshman has now scored in double digits in eight of his 10 collegiate games. He also came in leading the Mid-American Conference in steals (2.3 per game), and added to that total with three in this contest.
Kenneth van Kempen also chipped in with 10 points for Ohio.
Eastern Kentucky (7-4) led by a point at halftime, but the Bobcats put together a 15-3 run to take a 55-42 lead with 7:50 left and cruised from there.
Ohio was 19-for-22 from the free throw line (86.4 percent), while the Colonels hit just 14 of 21 from the stripe (66.7 percent).
Josh Taylor led Eastern Kentucky with 18 points.
- The sad story of ex-Oklahoma State coach Sean Sutton
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner