Northwestern State defeats Missouri Valley 77-68
NATCHITOCHES, La. (AP)—Damon Jones led four players in double figures with 16 points to help Northwestern State beat Missouri Valley 77-68 on Saturday.
Michael McConathy and Dominic Knight each scored 15 points, and William Mosley added 10 for the Demons (5-5), who ended a two-game losing streak.
The Demons shot 50 percent from 3-point range (9 of 18), paced by 5 of 5 shooting behind the arc by McConathy in the first half. Mosley also shot well, making all five of his field goal attempts. He had four of the Demons’ six blocks, and three steals.
The Demons, who scored the first seven points of the game and never trailed, led by 21 with 10:56 to play after a layup by Jones. The NAIA Vikings (8-5) got no closer than the final margin the rest of the way.
Bryant Porter had a game-high 18 points for the Vikings, who have lost four of their past five games. Toray Henry added 15 points.
- Why I don't care about the Roy Williams vs. Kansas storyline
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four