Ladd, Seay lead Fresno State to 68-54 victory
FRESNO, Calif. (AP)—Mike Ladd scored 15 points and Sylvester Seay had 14 and four blocks to lead Fresno State to a 68-54 victory over North Dakota State on Saturday.
Paul George added 13 points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs (6-5), who never trailed after storming to an early 20-7 lead.
Josh Vaughan had 17 points and nine rebounds for North Dakota State (4-6), which shot 34.8 percent from the field and hit just 7 of 18 free-throw attempts.
Fresno State led by as many as 18 points in the second half before Vaughan’s fourth 3-pointer brought the Bison to within 54-45 with 7:37 remaining.
The Bulldogs responded with a 10-4 run to put the game away. Ladd capped the surge with a fast-break dunk.
Michael Tveidt added 11 points for North Dakota State. Dejuan Flowers had eight points and 11 rebounds.
- Ladd, Seay lead Fresno State to 68-54 victory
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look