South Carolina State beats Furman 93-91 in OT
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP)—Carrio Bennett made a three-point play with 4 seconds left in overtime and South Carolina State defeated Furman 93-91 on Friday night.
Bennett was one of five Bulldogs (6-2) in double figures as Jason Flagler scored 19, Darnell Porter and Brandon Small had 16 each and Arsenio Williams added 16 points and 12 rebounds.
Furman’s Neil Duval tied the game at 90 on two free throws with 21 seconds left in overtime. Bennett then put the Bulldogs ahead 93-90, and the Paladins’ Darryl Evans went to the free throw line with 3 seconds left. He made the first shot, missed the second and Jordan Miller grabbed the offensive rebound. However, Furman (5-4) couldn’t get off a shot. Evans finished with 19 points.
Justin Dehm’s layup with 2 seconds left in regulation sent the game into OT. Ahead 77-75, the Bulldogs’ Khalif Toombs missed two free throws with 10 seconds left.
- Charles Barkley admits he received money from agents at Auburn
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne