Uzoh, Tulsa keep Jackson State winless 92-39
TULSA, Okla. (AP)—Ben Uzoh had 22 points, eight rebounds and eight assists Thursday night, pacing Tulsa to a 92-39 blowout of winless Jackson State.
Justin Hurtt scored 14 points and Stephen Idlet 11 as the Hurricane (8-1) connected on 15 of 28 3-pointers (53.6 percent) against the packed-in zone defense of the Tigers (0-8).
The 3-pointers set a Reynolds Center record for Tulsa.
The Tigers made just 12 of 51 shots for 23.5 percent. It was the fewest points allowed by Tulsa since holding Rice to 37 on Feb. 20, 2008. Tyrone Hanson scored 14 to lead Jackson State.
Tulsa was bolstered by the return of guard Glenn Andrews, who had been out since injuring his knee in June. Andrews, a junior who averaged 7.1 points last year, entered at 7:03 of the first half and hit his first two shots, both 3-pointers. He finished with six points in 10 minutes.
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Yale winning streak at 11 after 75-65 win over Dartmouth
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture