Ladd leads Fresno State past UC Davis 68-57
FRESNO, Calif. (AP)—Mike Ladd scored 18 points and Greg Smith added 17 as Fresno State pulled away down the stretch to defeat UC Davis 68-57 on Thursday night.
Paul George added 14 points, nine rebounds and six steals for Fresno State (5-5), which shot 56.5 percent from the field.
Joe Harden led UC Davis (3-7) with 16 points. Dominic Calegari added 14 points and eight rebounds.
After Calegari’s layup with 8:09 remaining trimmed Fresno State’s lead to 51-49, the Bulldogs put the game away with a 12-2 scoring run.
George capped the flurry by stealing the ball at midcourt and dribbling for an open dunk. George then hit a 3-pointer on Fresno State’s next possession for a 63-51 lead with 3:52 left.
Ladd scored all but one of his points on 3-pointers, finishing 5 of 10 from beyond the arc.
Mark Payne added 11 points and eight assists for UCD, which shot 33.3 percent from the field.
- SEC Preview: Scouting the league with Mississippi State's Shane Power
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska