Redus, South Alabama edge Ark.-Little Rock 74-71
MOBILE, Ala. (AP)—Bryan Sherrer scored 21 points and Gary Redus made all 10 of his free throws, including two with 9 seconds left, as South Alabama rallied to beat Arkansas-Little Rock 74-71 on Wednesday night.
After Martino Brock’s layup put South Alabama (8-3, 1-0 Sun Belt Conference) ahead 69-65 with 1:35 left, Ricky Davison’s 3-pointer pulled the Trojans (4-7, 0-1) within 69-68.
LaShun Watson’s layup made it 71-68 Jaguars with 53 seconds left, but Solomon Bozeman, who led Arkansas-Little Rock with 19 points, answered at the 0:39 mark.
After Sherrer and Bozeman each made one of two free throws, Redus, the son of former major league outfielder Gary Redus, made both of his. He finished with 16 points.
Bozeman then missed a 3-point try with 7 seconds left.
Arkansas-Little Rock led 34-28 at halftime after erasing a 14-11 deficit with a 12-0 run.
- Pat Knight loses mind, rushes court, entertains America
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality