Redus, South Alabama edge Ark.-Little Rock 74-71
MOBILE, Ala. (AP)—Bryan Sherrer scored 21 points and Gary Redus made all 10 of his free throws, including two with 9 seconds left, as South Alabama rallied to beat Arkansas-Little Rock 74-71 on Wednesday night.
After Martino Brock’s layup put South Alabama (8-3, 1-0 Sun Belt Conference) ahead 69-65 with 1:35 left, Ricky Davison’s 3-pointer pulled the Trojans (4-7, 0-1) within 69-68.
LaShun Watson’s layup made it 71-68 Jaguars with 53 seconds left, but Solomon Bozeman, who led Arkansas-Little Rock with 19 points, answered at the 0:39 mark.
After Sherrer and Bozeman each made one of two free throws, Redus, the son of former major league outfielder Gary Redus, made both of his. He finished with 16 points.
Bozeman then missed a 3-point try with 7 seconds left.
Arkansas-Little Rock led 34-28 at halftime after erasing a 14-11 deficit with a 12-0 run.
- South Carolina State edges Howard 60-58
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne