Northern Arizona defeats UC Riverside 68-56
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP)—DeAngelo Jones and Cameron Jones each scored 17 points and Northern Arizona beat UC Riverside 68-56 Sunday.
The victory was the first in four games for the Lumberjacks (3-5), who ended the Highlanders’ five-game winning streak.
Rudy Meo led the Riverside (5-3) with 16 points and Sean Cunningham added 14.
Northern Arizona took a 36-22 lead into halftime after Riverside shot just 6 of 20 in the first 20 minutes.
The Lumberjacks trailed 6-5 early, but Cameron Jones scored five straight points and NAU led the rest of the way.
Later in the half, the Lumberjacks broke open the game with a 16-5 run. Cameron Jones and DeAngelo Jones accounted for 14 of the 16 points.
- Video: Clemson fan tackles Wake Forest player
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case