Dahlman, Godzinski pace Wofford over Navy 73-62
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Noah Dahlman scored 13 points and Corey Godzinski 12 as Wofford defeated Navy 73-62 on Saturday.
The Terriers (5-6) outscored Navy 23-12 over the final 8:22 after the Midshipmen (4-7) had pulled into a 50-50 tie on a 3-pointer by Jordan Sugars, who led all scorers with 21 points.
A layup and free throw by Terry Martin put Wofford ahead 53-50. Mark Veazey’s layup for Navy cut it to 53-52, but Brad Loesing hit a 3-pointer for Wofford and Dahlman added a pair of layups to make it 60-52.
Navy led by as much as six points, 18-12, in the first half, but Wofford came back behind Godzinski, who scored 10 of his points in the opening half. The Terriers took a 32-26 lead into halftime.
Loesing added 10 points for Wofford and Tim Johnson had a team-high eight rebounds.
Chris Harris scored 11 points for Navy.
- Police catch drug dealer thanks to Tar Heels tattoo on his face
- Kansas guard Graham apologizes after traffic warrant arrest
- Virginia's Perrantes struggling to rediscover shooting touch
- Gillon's 3 at buzzer lifts Syracuse past No. 10 Duke 78-75
- No. 8 Tar Heels top No. 7 Cardinals 74-63, stretch ACC lead
- No. 3 Kansas routs TCU 87-68 to clinch share of Big 12 title