Southern Illinois cruises past Alabama State 82-63
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—Kevin Dillard’s 19 points keyed Southern Illinois’ 82-63 romp over Alabama State on Saturday.
Nick Evans scored 14 points—all in the second half—and Tony Freeman and Anthony Booker added 12 apiece for the Salukis (5-2), who shot a blistering 60.8 percent (31 of 51).
Menji Mundadi led the Hornets (1-6), hitting 9 of 15 shots, including 6 of 9 3-pointers, and all five free throws for a game-high 29 points. But Tramayne Moorer, with 12, was the only other Alabama State player in double figures.
Alabama State led 6-2 before Southern Illinois launched a 15-0 assault to grab a 17-6 advantage with 12:15 left in the first half.
Tramaine Butler’s 3-pointer with 7:02 left cut the gap to 24-23, but the Salukis led 40-31 at intermission, and after Evans’ jumper to open the second half made it 42-31, the Hornets never got within double digits.
- Powell leads SE Missouri past Austin Peay 65-60
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78