Long Beach State tops Cal State Monterey Bay 96-61
LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP)—Stephan Gilling scored a career-high 28 points to lead five Long Beach State players in double figures as the 49ers defeated Cal State Monterey Bay 96-61 Saturday.
Greg Plater added 17 points, T.J. Robinson had 13, Larry Anderson 11 and Casper Ware 10 for the 49ers (5-4).
Jamelle Tolliver led the Otters (2-4) with 12 points while Brandon Ward had 10.
Gilling scored 24 of his points on 3s, finishing 8 of 14 from long range. Long Beach State hit 12 3-pointers in the first half to build a 61-37 advantage.
A 13-0 run in the second half gave the 49ers their biggest lead, 91-51. They went up 13-2 early and led by double digits the rest of the way.
- Long Beach State tops Cal State Monterey Bay 96-61
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game