Hugee scores 34, Prairie View tops Ecclesia 83-53
PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas (AP)—Darnell Hugee had 34 points, 10 rebounds, five blocks and two steals to lead Prairie View past Ecclesia 83-53 Friday night.
Hugee hit 11 of 15 from the field and 11 of 14 from the free-throw line. Dorian McDaniel added 11 points for the Panthers (4-5), and Michael Griffin chipped in 10.
Robert Valentine had 10 points to lead the Royals (6-2), and Travis Smith grabbed a team-high 10 rebounds.
Ecclesia grabbed 42 rebounds, one more than Prairie View, but couldn’t get shots to fall. The Royals shot just 30 percent from the field and 57 percent from the free-throw line.
Prairie View shot 52 percent from the field and 70 percent from the line.
- Hugee scores 34, Prairie View tops Ecclesia 83-53
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the west returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch