Wright leads Dayton past Old Dominion 58-50
DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Chris Wright had 16 points and 12 rebounds to help Dayton hold off Old Dominion 58-50 on Friday night.
The Flyers (7-2), who began a four-game homestand, took their 24th straight home court victory. The streak ties Dayton with Siena for third among Division I schools. Kansas has 47 and Pittsburgh is second with 25.
Wright is 31-0 at home for the Flyers, who won their fifth game in a row.
With Dayton leading 32-27 with 16:07 left, the Monarchs (6-4) used an 8-0 run to pull ahead 35-32. Wright tied it up on a three-point play, the first of his 10 straight points, giving the Flyers a 42-37 lead with 10:19 left.
Old Dominion could get no closer than one the rest of the way.
Wright had seven turnovers in the first half, none in the second. Marcus Johnson added 12 points for Dayton.
Gerald Lee scored 15 points for the Monarchs and Keyon Carter had 12 rebounds.
- Wright leads Dayton past Old Dominion 58-50
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four