Western Carolina holds off Campbell in 66-59 win
CULLOWHEE, N.C. (AP)—Brigham Waginger scored all 12 of his points on 3s, including a rally-ending shot late in the game to help Western Carolina defeat Campbell 66-59 on Thursday night.
The Catamounts (9-1), who won their eight straight, led 51-34 with 12:38 left before the Camels (5-2) scored 10 unanswered points during a 22-8 run.
Amir Celestin, who scored eight points during the run, pulled Campbell within 59-56 on a jump shot with 2:25 left.
Waginger then hit a 3-pointer and Mike Williams followed with a layup with 1:27 remaining to help the Catamounts pull ahead 64-56.
Williams finished with 16 points and Richie Gordon tallied five blocks for the Catamounts. Western Carolina’s Jake Robinson, who finished with eight points, scored his 1,000th on a 3 with 3:34 to play.
Jonathan Rodriguez scored 18 points and grabbed 10 rebounds and Celestin added 12 points for the Camels.
- A.J. Price makes Jerel McNeal's ankles pop
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne