St. Bonaventure defeats LeMoyne 76-65
ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. (AP)—Andrew Nicholson scored 18 points to lead four players in double figures as St. Bonaventure defeated LeMoyne 76-65 on Thursday night.
The Bonnies (5-3) shot 52.5 percent from the field (32-for-61) for the sixth time in eight games this season. They entered averaging 51 percent from the field, the fifth-best percentage in Division I.
St. Bonaventure shot 54.5 percent from the field (18-for-33) in the first half and built a 35-21 lead with 4:54 left before halftime.
Laurence Ekperigin, who scored 26 points and had 14 rebounds for LeMoyne (5-4), cut the lead to 41-32 with a last-second tip-in. Chris Matthews, who scored 16, hit a 3-pointer to start the second half and extend the lead to 12.
Jonathan Hall scored 12 and Michael Davenport added 10 for the Bonnies.
Damani Corbin added 21 points and 11 rebounds for LeMoyne, a Division II program.
- St. Bonaventure defeats LeMoyne 76-65
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst