Johnson, Montana defeat Loyola Marymount 82-73
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Anthony Johnson scored 22 points and Derek Selvig had a double-double to lead Montana to an 82-73 victory over Loyola Marymount on Thursday night.
Johnson made only four baskets but sank all 14 free throws, including six over the final 25 seconds to ice the game. He also had five assists and five rebounds.
Selvig had 18 points and 10 rebounds, scoring 15 in the first half.
Ryan Staudacher scored 18 points and Will Cherry 10 for the Grizzlies (6-3).
Drew Viney led Marymount (3-7) with his first double-double, getting 22 points and 10 rebounds. Kevin Young added 18 points.
The victory was the Grizzlies’ second over the Lions in less than a month. Montana pulled out a 64-63 thriller at home Nov. 15.
Trailing 42-38 at halftime, Montana used a 13-0 run to take charge. The Lions never led after that.
- Johnson, Montana defeat Loyola Marymount 82-73
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Oregon stuns Kansas to reach first Final Four in 78 years
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself