East Tennessee State beats North Georgia 75-71
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Micah Williams scored a career-high 22 points and had a put-back to seal the game in East Tennessee State’s 75-71 win over North Georgia on Thursday night.
The Buccaneers (5-5) led 67-53 with 2:56 remaining on two free throws by Williams before the Division II Saints (3-4) went on an 18-6 run to cut the deficit to two. Keldrick Coleman brought North Georgia within 73-71 on two free throws with 10 seconds left.
Williams then went to the free throw line with 6 seconds left, while the rest of the Buccaneers stayed on the defensive end of the court and out of the lane.
Williams missed both shots, but grabbed his own rebound and hit a layup with 3 seconds left.
Tommy Hubbard had 14 points and 10 rebounds and Justin Tubbs added 16 points for ETSU.
Bernard Rimmer scored 15 points and grabbed 12 rebounds for the Saints and Andrew Bennett added 14 points.
- East Tennessee State beats North Georgia 75-71
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four