Washington State tops Idaho 76-64
PULLMAN, Wash. (AP)—Klay Thompson had 25 points and nine rebounds as Washington State beat rival Idaho 76-64 Wednesday night.
DeAngelo Casto added 13 points, 14 rebounds and four blocked shots as Washington State (7-2) ended its non-conference schedule.
Idaho (5-3) was led by Kashif Watson, who scored 16 points. Idaho’s Jeff Ledbetter added 12 points, including four 3-pointers, for the Vandals.
Washington State and the Vandals traded baskets through most of the first half, but with the score tied at 19 with seven minutes to play, the Cougars went on a 17-9 run to end the half 36-28.
The Cougars started the second half with a 21-2 run and hit their first five shots, including three 3-pointers.
Ledbetter hit three 3s down the stretch to cut the Cougars’ lead to seven with a minute to play, but it was too late for the Vandals to catch up.
- Washington State tops Idaho 76-64
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look