Southern Illinois rolls to 86-65 victory
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Tony Freeman scored 26 points to lead Southern Illinois to an 86-65 win against Southeast Missouri on Wednesday.
Freeman made 10 of 15 field goals, including 6 of 11 3-pointers, for the Salukis (4-2).
Anthony Booker added 10 points and 11 rebounds for Southern Illinois. Nick Evans scored 15, and Carlton Fay and Kevin Dillard had 11 apiece.
Anthony Allison led Southeast Missouri (3-7) with 15 points. Eric McCrary scored 13, and LaMont Russell grabbed 10 rebounds.
Southern Illinois used a 25-5 run to take a 40-14 lead with about three minutes left in the first half.
The Salukis shot 56.1 percent from the field, including 42.1 percent on 3-pointers, and scored 27 points off turnovers.
- Video: Clemson fan tackles Wake Forest player
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- No. 9 Virginia pulls away from Pitt 64-50
- Garino scores 27 as George Washington beats VCU, 72-69
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke