Oliver leads San Jose State to 84-80 overtime win
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP)—Adrian Oliver scored 30 points, including eight of his team’s 12 in overtime, as San Jose State edged Cal State Bakersfield 84-80 Wednesday night.
Oliver also had 11 rebounds, and Chris Oakes finished with 18 points and a career-high 18 rebounds for the Spartans (4-4).
Trent Blakely led the Roadrunners (1-6) with 21 points. Donald Johnson added 20 and Donavan Bragg had 15.
San Jose State took its largest lead of the game, 69-60, with just over three minutes left in regulation. Bakersfield responded with a 6-0 run and eventually tied the score at 72-72 with 40 seconds left on a jumper by Johnson.
The Spartans led 35-31 at halftime.
- Oliver leads San Jose State to 84-80 overtime win
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot