San Diego State beats Cal State-Fullerton 82-68
SAN DIEGO (AP)—Kawhi Leonard established career highs with 23 points and 18 rebounds to lead San Diego State to an 82-68 win over Cal State-Fullerton Wednesday night.
Billy White also scored 10 of his 14 points in the second half for the Aztecs, who have won four straight games.
San Diego State, which missed 19 of 32 free-throw attempts, including seven consecutive shots from the free-throw line, only led 15-12 after committing five turnovers in the first 10 1/2 minutes of the first half. But the Aztecs went on runs of 11-2 and 8-0 in the first half and led by 16 at halftime.
Jer’ Vaughn Johnson, who transferred to Fullerton (3-3) from San Diego State after the 2007-08 season, had a team-high 19 points in the loss.
Leonard’s 18 rebounds were the most by an Aztec freshman since Michael Cage had 20 rebounds on Feb. 24, 1981.
- San Diego State beats Cal State-Fullerton 82-68
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot