Eastern Kentucky routs Ohio Valley 74-58
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP)—Josh Taylor scored 20 points and Eastern Kentucky hit 13 3-pointers in a 74-58 victory over Ohio Valley on Wednesday night.
Taylor was 5-for-8 on 3-pointers as the Colonels (7-2) went 13-for-26 from beyond the arc. They entered the game second nationally in 3-pointers (10.9 per game) and ninth in 3-point percentage at 44.2.
The Colonels pulled away with a 12-2 run, led by Taylor, who hit two 3-pointers before Josh Daniel made one for a 38-27 lead with 4:16 left in the first half. Taylor then hit another 3 for a 41-27 lead over the Division II Fighting Scots (1-5), who have lost four straight.
Justin Stommes hit four 3-pointers and finished with 15 points. Papa Oppong added 15 points and Daniel scored 11.
Rodney Everage had 16 points and 10 rebounds to lead Ohio Valley. David White scored 12 points and Donavin Vinson and Micah Mills scored 11 points each.
- Jones leads West Virginia over Marshall 78-62
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach