Arizona defeats Louisiana Tech 83-67
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP)—Nic Wise scored 24 points and Jamelle Horne added 20 points and eight rebounds as Arizona defeated Louisiana Tech 83-67 on Wednesday night.
Five players scored in double figures for the Wildcats (4-4), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Kyle Gibson finished with a game-high 25 points for Louisiana Tech (7-2), and DeAndre Brown added 13.
Arizona, which led 35-31 at halftime, went on a 12-4 run to start the second half. Derrick Williams scored seven points during the spree and gave the Wildcats a 51-35 lead with put-back dunk.
The closest Louisiana Tech got after that was 55-45 with 10:10 remaining.
- Iowa State 63, No. 2 Kansas 61, OT
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul
- Georgetown-Syracuse December game to honor Pearl Washington