Tulsa holds off Ohio for 81-80 victory
TULSA, Okla. (AP)—Justin Hurtt scored 21 points, including two free throws with 11.7 seconds left, as Tulsa withstood a late 3-point barrage by Ohio for an 81-80 victory Sunday.
Ben Uzoh scored 20 points and had 10 rebounds, including a crucial rebound and putback of a missed free throw with 1:10 left for Tulsa (7-1). With 7-foot center Jerome Jordan hindered by foul problems, 6-10 sophomore Steven Idlet had his second career double-double with 18 points and 16 rebounds.
Jay Kinney had five second-half 3-pointers for Ohio (4-2) and led the team with 15 points. His final 3 cut the lead to 79-77 with 20.8 seconds left. After Hurtt made his two free throws, Steven Coleman hit a 3-pointer with 0.1 seconds left to cut the final margin to a point.
Coleman had 14 points, including three 3-pointers.
- A Lexington farming family’s corn maze tribute to John Calipari
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare