Rider beats Marist 55-51
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. (AP)—Justin Robinson scored 18 points, including going 4-for-4 from the foul line in the final 32 seconds, to lead Rider over Marist 55-51 on Sunday.
The Broncs (6-3, 1-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) led by six points after Novar Gadson’s free throws with 1:41 left, but Marist put together a 12-5 run to pull within 52-51 with 12 seconds left.
But Daye Kaba missed a jumper to tie it for Marist after Ryan Thompson sank a free throw for Rider, and Robinson hit two foul shots with 2 seconds left to clinch the win.
Gadson finished with 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Broncs, and Jhamar Youngblood also added 12 points.
Robinson was 4-for-6 from 3-point range and 4-for-4 at the free throw line.
Sam Prescott led the Red Foxes (0-6, 0-2) with 14 points and Kaba added 13.
- Rider beats Marist 55-51
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?