Niagara rolls past Loyola 77-57
LEWISTON, N.Y. (AP)—Tyrone Lewis scored 21 points to lead four players in double figures as Niagara defeated Loyola (Md.) 77-57 on Sunday.
Bilal Benn had 13 points and 10 rebounds for his sixth double-double of the season and the Purple Eagles (6-3, 2-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) were 13-for-30 from beyond the arc (43.3 percent).
Niagara led 38-30 at halftime and increased the lead to 47-37 before going on a 12-2 run for a 59-39 advantage with 9:49 to play.
Demetrious Williamson hit consecutive 3-pointers and Kashief Edwards scored four straight points in the run. They finished with 11 points each.
Niagara outscored Loyola 26-4 on fastbreak points.
Jamal Barney led the Greyhounds (4-4, 0-2) with 18 points and 11 rebounds and J’hared Hall added 10 points.
The Purple Eagles held Loyola leading scorer Brett Harvey, who entered averaging 15.1 points, to five points.
- Niagara rolls past Loyola 77-57
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0