Manhattan beats Canisius 71-57
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Rico Pickett scored 21 points, shooting 9 of 16 from the floor, to lead Manhattan over Canisius 71-57 on Sunday.
Darryl Crawford added 19 points and Andrew Gabriel had 13 for the Jaspers (5-3, 1-1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who have won four of their past five games.
Nick Walsh scored all five of his points in the first 3 minutes and Pickett added three more, helping the Jaspers to an 8-2 advantage they’d never relinquish.
The Jaspers led by nine points at the half and outscored Canisius 39-34 in the second half to seal the win.
Manhattan shot 50.8 percent from the floor (31-for-61) compared to just a 33.3 mark (17-for-51) for the Golden Griffins.
The Jaspers scored 22 points off of 20 turnovers and outscored Canisius 42-26 in the paint.
Julius Coles led Canisius (4-3, 1-1) with 15 points and Frank Turner added 13.
- Manhattan beats Canisius 71-57
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown