Manhattan beats Canisius 71-57
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Rico Pickett scored 21 points, shooting 9 of 16 from the floor, to lead Manhattan over Canisius 71-57 on Sunday.
Darryl Crawford added 19 points and Andrew Gabriel had 13 for the Jaspers (5-3, 1-1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who have won four of their past five games.
Nick Walsh scored all five of his points in the first 3 minutes and Pickett added three more, helping the Jaspers to an 8-2 advantage they’d never relinquish.
The Jaspers led by nine points at the half and outscored Canisius 39-34 in the second half to seal the win.
Manhattan shot 50.8 percent from the floor (31-for-61) compared to just a 33.3 mark (17-for-51) for the Golden Griffins.
The Jaspers scored 22 points off of 20 turnovers and outscored Canisius 42-26 in the paint.
Julius Coles led Canisius (4-3, 1-1) with 15 points and Frank Turner added 13.
- Texas A&M’s title gives women’s basketball some new blood
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims