San Jose St. 82, Utah Valley St. 74
OREM, Utah (AP)—Adrian Oliver scored 17 points and Chris Oakes added 12 points, 14 rebounds and three blocks as San Jose State defeated Utah Valley 82-74 Saturday.
Kyle Thomas contributed a career-high 15 points while fellow reserves Robert Owens and Mac Peterson finished with 14 and 10, respectively, for the Spartans (3-3).
Jordan Swarbrick led the Wolverines (3-4) with 30 points and five steals.
The victory was the first in the state of Utah for San Jose State since the 1984-85 season, ending a 19-game losing streak there.
San Jose State led by as many 19 points in the second half, 64-45 with 8:51 to play, before Utah Valley used a 25-9 run to cut its deficit to 75-70 with 1:15 remaining. The Wolverines couldn’t get any closer.
The Spartans trailed 23-19 with 8:52 left in the first half then went on a 23-5 run to end the half and take 42-28 lead.
- The Hunt: No. 39, Notre Dame
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan