Wright State tops Youngstown State 67-54
DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Troy Tabler scored 24 points to lead Wright State to a 67-54 win over Youngstown State on Saturday night.
Tabler was a perfect 10-for-10 from the free-throw line for the Raiders (5-2, 2-0 Horizon League), while Todd Brown chipped in with 15 points and eight rebounds.
A 3-pointer from Youngstown State’s Vance Cooksey cut the Raiders’ lead to two points midway through the second half, but two unanswered 3-pointers from Tabler and Ronnie Thomas pushed Wright State’s lead to 48-40 with 9:22 remaining.
The Penguins (3-5, 0-2) would get no closer than within five points, as Wright State ended the game with an 8-2 run.
Sirlester Martin led Youngstown State with 16 points, nine rebounds and three blocks. The Penguins have now lost three straight.
The Raiders shot only 36.5 percent from the field (19-for-52), but scored 24 points off Youngstown State’s 23 turnovers.
- Wright State tops Youngstown State 67-54
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four