Mitchell, Saint Louis top Southern Illinois 71-61
ST. LOUIS (AP)—Kwamain Mitchell scored 22 points, including two 3-pointers during a key second-half run, to lead Saint Louis to a 71-61 victory over Southern Illinois on Saturday night.
Willie Reed added 16 points and 12 rebounds, and Christian Salecich scored 10 points for Saint Louis (5-3), which ended a three-game losing streak and improved to 5-0 at home.
Kevin Dillard had 23 points to lead Southern Illinois (3-2), which uncharacteristically struggled from 3-point distance. The Salukis, who came in shooting 40.4 percent from long range, went 4-for-23 from beyond the 3-point line, including 0-for-11 in the second half.
Saint Louis, which trailed 31-30 at the intermission, used a flurry of 3-pointers at the start of the second half to take the lead for good. The Billikens connected on four 3s during a 12-2 run, including two from Mitchell.
- M&M's ad gets the Bird-Magic jerseys horribly wrong
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case